Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Party at Acadiana

On Friday night, the organization I work for held its annual holiday party. I look forward to the holiday party every year because of the excellent restaurant choices; last year the party was at Charlie Palmer and the year before it was at Morton’s. Also, I really enjoy the company of many of my coworkers and their husbands/significant others. Several of my coworkers have grown to be some of my closest friends. Needless to say, with good food and good company, the holiday parties are always fun!


Ryan and me at dinner.

This year dinner was at Acadiana which serves “Louisiana cuisine.”  The dinner menu was as follows:

1st Course:
Jumbo Lump Crabcake with creamed corn maque choux, benton bacon and green onion remoulade

2nd Course:
Mixed Green Salad with Cajun spiced pecans, crumbled goat cheese and Creole molasses vinaigrette

Entrée:
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Filet with buttermilk mashed potatoes, asparagus, tasso marchand du vin and blue cheese

Dessert:
Bourbon Vanilla bean Crème Brulee with apple butter and toasted brioche

I thought everything was very good, but nothing blew me away. I just didn’t think that the meal possessed that extra something special that would cause me to choose Acadiana over another restaurant for a future meal. My friend Amy had a bit of a better experience and thought more highly of the meal ;)

During dinner, I wound up having a really great conversation with one of my coworkers and his wife about running. They both do 10-mile races and half marathons regularly. They definitely inspired me to work harder on my running and to sign up for a race this spring. I’ve been thinking about it for the last few weeks and talking about it with my friend Amy, but the couple gave me the extra push to do it (especially because the woman I was talking to is a mother of two young children and she looked fantastic!). I entered the lottery for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run and will find out if I got a bib on December 13th. Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, I think the blue cheese filet sounds really good right now... ;)

    ReplyDelete