Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10-Miler Training Schedule

Yesterday morning I kicked off my day with a run on the treadmill. I warmed up by walking for 10 minutes, pushed the speed to 6.5 and ran for four miles. I cooled down with about 10 more minutes of walking.

I was really surprised by how good I felt. After not running for a month I was nervous that I would struggle. My only complaint was that there was a lot of stiffness in my right knee during my cool down. I'm hoping this is just normal aches and pains from lack of use and running on the treadmill.

After having such a good experience yesterday, I felt 100% sure that I want to run the GW Parkway Classic 10-miler in April. I also made it my goal to run the entire 10 miles without stopping. Now that it's in writing for the world to see, I guess I'm sticking to it!

Below is my spring training schedule. Amy is going to run the race as well and we plan to do the Saturday runs together. For the shorter Saturday runs, I still plan to attend PowerFlex to make sure I get my weight training in. Once the runs get a bit longer (and more time consuming), I will forgo PowerFlex and do my weight training during the week.

Now all that's left to do is: 1) fork over the $65 race fee, and 2) get fitted for some new running shoes!


Week
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
1/31-2/6
3 miles AM
Cardio or Weights
2 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
Weights &
4 miles
Yoga or Rest

2/7-2/13
3 miles AM
Cardio or Weights
3 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
Weights &
4 miles
Yoga or Rest

2/14-2/20
3 miles AM
Cardio or Weights
3 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
Weights &
5 miles
Yoga or Rest

2/21-2/27
3 miles AM
Cardio or Weights
2 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
Weights
&
5 miles
Yoga or Rest

2/28-3/6
3 miles AM
Weights
4 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
6 miles
Yoga or Rest

3/7-3/13
3 miles AM
Cardio or Weights
4 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
Weights
&
3 miles
Yoga or Rest

3/14-3/20
3 miles AM
Weights
3 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
7 miles
Yoga or Rest

3/21-3/27
3 miles AM
Weights
5 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
8 miles
Yoga or Rest

3/28-4/2
3 miles AM
Weights
5 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
6 miles
Yoga or Rest

4/3-4/9
3 miles AM
Weights
5 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest
9 miles
Yoga or Rest

4/4-4/10
3 miles AM
Weights
3 miles
Cardio or
Boot Camp
Rest

10 mile race

No comments:

Post a Comment