Monday, February 7, 2011

10-Miler Training: Week One Recap

Good morning! 
I am now in week two of my training for the GW Parkway Classic 10-Miler.
Here is a recap on how I did last week in terms of training.

Week: 1/31-2/6
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
3 miles
Cardio or weights
2 miles
Boot camp or cardio
Rest
Weights &  4 miles
Yoga or rest
Actual
Nothing
Weights
Hot yoga
2 miles @ 15:50
and weights
Rest
4 miles @ 32:00
and weights
Hot yoga


As you can see, I didn’t completely stick with the schedule. I got a lot of exercise in, but I did a bit less running than planned.
I've also realized that Monday’s are just a bit too crazy to run 3 miles in the morning. On Mondays, I have to be at work at 8am, I am in class from 6-9pm and I don’t get home until around 9:45pm. Thus, getting out of bed to run 3 miles at 5 something in the morning is asking a little much.  The fix: I’ve switched my rest day to Monday and will do my slow three milers on a different day.

Have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your knees may have been achy but you were speedy! Let's go ahead and agree that you can feel free to leave me in the dust whenever you like during training. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, loving the blog. I started lifting after talking to you on Christmas Eve and have lost five pounds! I am still running, but not a 10 mile run just yet!

    ReplyDelete