Sunday, February 13, 2011

One Day Weekend

Good morning!

I'm up bright and early today because I have to attend the Association of Maternal & Child Health conference for work. While I think the conference will be interesting, it's hard only having a one day weekend! I had to fit everything I wanted to do this weekend in one day.

Yesterday, I got up to meet Amy for our first run together in 2011. I love running with Amy because we get to gossip, which makes the time and miles go by soooo much faster :) The run yesterday was tough, though. I haven't been running outside at all and Amy described it best when she said  " it's like a whole other animal." Starting out on the run, I was struggling; the cold made my lungs burn and I felt out of breath for about half of the miles we covered (we did four). Lessons learned: 1) I need to start running outside STAT, 2) I need to buy myself some cold weather running gear because even though spring is starting to peak through, morning runs are COLD!

Here is the summary of this week's workouts. Depending what time I get home from the conference tonight, I may fit a short run in. I'm realizing that I need to be running more than just twice a week!

Week: 2/7-2/13
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
3 miles
Cardio or weights
2 miles
Boot camp or cardio
Rest
Weights &  4 miles
Yoga or rest
Actual
Nothing
Weights
4 miles @ 35:00
Zumba
Rest
4 miles and weights
TBD


For those of you plan on having a lazy Sunday, enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hope the conference goes well! I agree- love running with you too because the time flies by in a way it definitely doesn't otherwise! We'll start our outside mid-week runs soon! :)

    ReplyDelete