Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ten-Miler Training Schedule: Week Three Recap

Hello there!

Although the week started off slow in terms of exercise, on Wednesday I got my butt in gear and finished the week strong. I was really happy with both runs this week; I felt really strong and at the end of each one I was confident that I could go one two miles longer. Coming off of this week, I'm determined to get one or two more days of running in each week. I would like to be prepared as possible for the 10-mile race in April so that I can run the whole way (and maybe at a nine or sub-nine minute mile!)



Week: 2/14- 2/20
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
3 miles
Cardio or weights
3 miles
Boot camp or cardio
Rest
Weights &  5 miles
Yoga or rest
Actual
Nothing
Nothing
5 miles @ 45:00 and 
PowerFlex
Zumba
Walked 1.5 hours outside
5 miles @ 43:00

2 hours of Zumba (to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation)


A big congrats goes out to Amy who ran the GW Birthday Classic 10k yesterday! She had an awesome time, which is truly commendable considering we had some crazy wind here! She felt so good afterward, that she signed up for a half marathon! And, she may even be able to twist my arm to join her :) We'll have to see how the next few weeks of training go.

In other news, Ryan and I went out last night to Brasserie Beck, a Belgian restaurant in DC. We had a really nice time and the food was delicious. Ryan had filet and I had mussels and fries. The fries were seriously the best I've ever had. However, a few hours after dinner I was hugging the toilet bowl. I threw up about five times into the early morning. Thankfully I'm feeling much better today, but last night was not fun, or pretty. This has happened to me before after eating mussels and I hate to say it, but I think I'm probably allergic to them. No more mussels for this girl!

Today has been full of the typical weekend odds and ends like Costco, a short nap, exercise, etc. I think we'll get some grad school work done tonight and perhaps watch a movie. We both have tomorrow off from work and I don't have my 6-9pm class, so I'm hoping to get a run in and take PowerFlex -something I don't normally get to do on Mondays!

Enjoy your evenings!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, such a sweet shout out! I missed running with you though and am looking forward to getting back to that next Saturday!

    So disappointing about the mussels and your night being sick. :( I'm glad you are feeling better now though!

    Have a FANTASTIC day off!

    ReplyDelete