Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week in Recap

This week was nuts with lots of fun stuff, as well as obligations/not-so-fun stuff. Here it is in review:

MONDAY- I spent Monday lounging around the apartment and finally found the energy to get my running gear on and head to the gym. I intended to do three miles, but I felt awesome, so I challenged myself to run more and wound up doing six. Also propelling me to run six miles were the two women on each side of me that were running longer distances. The competitiveness in me made me stay on the treadmill until they were almost finished. I know, I'm strange.

TUESDAY- Work, work, and more work. No exercise.

WEDNESDAY- Work and school. I had coffee with my friend Christina and she surprised me with an amazing gift. She gave me a banana saver! I'm sooo thrilled. It totally made my day :) I went out and bought a big bunch of bananas yesterday so I can use it this week. On Wednesday night I got to see Georgette! She came into town for a meeting on the Hill and she stayed with me and Ryan. We ate Thai food from Bangkok 54 and spent lots of time chatting. It was amazing to catch up with such a good friend!

THURSDAY- Work, work, and more work. No exercise.

FRIDAY- I had a super busy day at work. I also spent lots of time freaking out over the focus groups I intended to hold on Saturday. The focus groups are part of my culminating project for graduate school. I am testing communication material's that GW's Center for Alcohol and Drug Education created to encourage students to party more responsibly. To entice women in sororities to attend my focus groups, I offered them free food. As a result, Ryan and I spent a portion of our Friday evening in Costco picking up things that I thought college girls might like. We also watched Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. Terrible, terrible movie. What was even worse: It was 2 hours and 27 minutes long.

SATURDAY- I woke up at 6:15 and ran six miles on the treadmill. I didn't feel as strong as I did on Monday (probably owing to the fact that I didn't exercise all week), but I got through it in 50 minutes. After running, Ryan and I got ready for my focus groups (he was my note taker for the first session!). We picked up a few more snacks at Harris Teeter and headed over to GW. Of course, as we were pulling up I got an email from one of the girls cancelling. Wonderful. Two girls showed up for my first focus group and two showed up for my second. Not ideal, but I do think I got some good info. The bad news: I will probably need to conduct two more next weekend and will have to offer a bigger incentive for the girls to show up. Saturday night Ryan and I had dinn with Brenna and Jake. We went to Tandoori Night and it was deeelicious! I had some sort of cheese dish, samosas, naan. I also had some sort of margarita martini which was awesome. I stuck to two cocktails and called it a night.

SUNDAY- Ryan and I slept in this morning... until 9:45! That's late! After some coffee, apples and peanut butter, I set off on an "easy run" outside. Wow, my neighborhood is hilly! While my treadmill runs have been strong, this outside run was not. I worked super hard to get through a little over three miles. I clearly need to: 1) run outside more often, 2) do hills more often, 3) simply run more often. To be honest, I was getting a little cocky from my treadmill runs, but my run outside today definitely brought me back to earth. I have a lot of work to do before my 10-miler!

EXERCISE RECAP

Week: 2/21-2/27
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
3 miles
Cardio or weights
3 miles
Boot camp or cardio
Rest
Weights &  6 miles
Yoga or rest
Actual
6 miles treadmill
(50 min)
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
6 miles
treadmill
(50 min)
32 minutes run outside (~3.2 miles of Zumba)


NEXT WEEK



Week: 2/28
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
Rest
Run Outside 3-5 miles
Elliptical &
PowerFlex
Zumba
Rest
7 miles
Easy Run
Actual
We shall see..
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: