Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Treadmill Thoughts

The five things I thought about when I ran intervals today:
  1. I am not one of those people who slims down when they begin running regularly. My legs have gotten thick over the past few weeks and I'm 99.9% sure it's not due to what I'm eating.
  2. I'm also not a woman that "glows" when I work out. I sweat and I sweat a lot. Today on the treadmill it took approximately two minutes for the sweat to start dripping. I watched like 18 women my age prance by me at the gym in their cute little outfits, makeup still fresh, cheeks ever so slightly flushed while I huffed and puffed on the treadmill, looking like I just got out of a sauna.
  3. I dare say that I'm ready for my upcoming 10 mile race. Mentally and physically. I'll check back with you on this after my 8 mile run this weekend and let you know if I still feel this way. Do you think I just jinxed myself?
  4. I also am going to go on a limb and say I might be ready for a half marathon. Not physically ready, yet. But mentally I think I'm ready.
  5. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I really enjoy the feeling of being well prepared and working towards a goal. As soon as the 10 mile race is over I need to find something else to focus my physical and mental energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment