Saturday, March 12, 2011

Four Courts Four Miler

Today I woke up bright and early for the Four Courts Four Miler! 

To prepare, I had my routine pre-run breakfast: A cup of coffee with skim milk and a Cherry Pie Larabar.

I was nervous because I had a terrible run yesterday morning; my legs felt like sandbags, I felt slow as molasses and I just couldn't get into a groove. I hoped my run would be better today! 

Ryan and I got to the starting line nice and early and were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by our furry friends, Milo and Morey. Milo and Morey are Brenna and Jake's pugs. These little guys come and stay with us when their parents go on vacation.  

Brenna, Amy, Amy's two friends Michelle and Rachel, and I lined up together to start the race. (The picture of all of us didn't come out. Bummer!) 

The race started and we were off! I put in my earphones and decided to push myself as much as possible for the ensuing four miles. I reached mile 1 at 7:57, mile 2 around 18:00, mile 3 around 24:00. The last mile was entirely uphill. This slowed me down a ton. I finished in 33 minutes and 51 seconds. My overall pace was 8:28 per mile. I'm pretty happy about that! :)

Since I usually do my long runs on Saturday, I will be doing my long run tomorrow morning.  I'm shooting for 6 or 7 miles. Next Saturday, Amy and I are running 8 miles. We're getting closer and closer  to our ten-miler- it's only a few weeks away! 




No comments:

Post a Comment