Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rainy Sunday

I have a lot to report on this rainy Sunday evening. Let's start with Friday evening...

Friday evening was super low key and set the tone for the entire weekend. Ryan got Chipotle for dinner, so I was on my own for dinner. I made a salad with some baked chicken. Ryan and I split a pint of Ben & Jerry's for dessert and watched Inside Man. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do! It was entertaining and just the kind of movie I wanted to watch after a crazy week. After the movie, we turned in early. 

I got up at 6:15 on Saturday morning, did some studying, and got ready for my run. Usually, I drink a cup of coffee and eat a cherry pie Lara bar before I run. Since I was out of Lara bars, I defrosted some frozen berries and ate them along with a cup of coffee yogurt. I also drank about two cups of coffee. Anyone who runs knows how important their pre-run fuel is and most runners seem to find a pre-run food that works for them and stick with it. Cherry pie Lara bars are my pre-run food of choice, but I have to say, the berries and yogurt were pretty good too! (Btw, I'm now calling myself a runner! Weird!)

Amy and I met up at Roosevelt Island at 7:45am and ran a really nice and comfortable 7-miles. We chatted the entire time and honestly, it felt great. Both of us started out feeling were nervous about the distance, but we felt confident when we finished. You really can't ask for more than that! After yesterday's run, I can actually say I'm excited for our upcoming 8-miler in two weekends because I know I'll be able to get through it and I may even enjoy it. 

The rest of my Saturday was filled with studying. I also conducted a focus group for my final grad school project. Late afternoon, Ryan and I had a movie date to see The Adjustment Bureau. I really liked it! It was actually kind of funny at parts, which was surprising. I definitely recommend that you go out and see it! 

Although, I planned to run this morning it was pouring out when I got up. Since I'm trying to save my knees by avoiding the treadmill, I skipped heading the gym and decided to study instead. While I studied, Ryan slept and Gilly pondered life while he sat on the windowsill and watched the rain. 

Now, onto my grocery shopping report. I made a trip to Trader Joes early this morning and Ryan and I went to Costco shortly after. We really stuck to the list I made and wound up staying on budget. Here was the breakdown of what we bought:







Here's a picture of the loot from Trader Joes, with a hint of Gilligan: 

Trader Joes
Costco
1 can of organic kidney beans
1 gallon of skim milk
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
2 tubs of cottage cheese
1 can of black beans
1 quart of heavy cream
1 can of cannellini beans
1 package of brussel sprouts
2 boxes of masala veggie burgers
Six avocados
1 package of extra lean ground beef
1 package of string cheese
3 Lara bars
Sliced apples
1 package of baby spinach
1 pineapple
2 chocolate yogurts
Baby spinach
2 yogurts with granola
3 cucumbers
1 package of shredded cheese
Laundry detergent
1 tub of light butter

1 liter of balsamic vinegar

Fresh rosemary

1 ball of whole wheat pizza dough


Total: $38.13

Total: $66.35


In terms of exercise, here's how I did last week and what's on tap for this week.


Week: 2/28
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
Rest
Run Outside 3-5 miles
Elliptical and PoweFlex
Zumba
Rest
7 miles
Easy Run
Actual
Nothing
 Ran for 30-minutes outside with Ryan
PowerFlex 
 Nothing
 Nothing
Ran 7 miles
Easy run for 30-minutes and weights



Next Week

Week: 3/7-3/13
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
Nothing
Zumba w/ Brenna
5 miles + PowerFlex
Elliptical
Nothing
Four Courts Four Miler :)
5 miles







1 comment:

  1. OMG, the masala veggie burgers are amazing! I have been eating one for lunch with a salad and a piece of the frozen garlic naan...fantastic!

    Glad to hear the focus groups came through. Looking forward to seeing you and Ryan on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete