Sunday, March 13, 2011

Training Update

Since I only ran four miles yesterday, today I did my long run. I woke up pretty unmotivated, so instead of running right away, I did some errands. Just before 9 am, I set out. My body felt good and I settled into the run quicker than usual- normally it takes me about 3 miles to really get going. I ran for 59 minutes and covered 6.89 miles. Why the strange time and distance? I had an hour to run before I was set to meet Ryan at Costco. All in all, I'm really pleased with the ways things are going with training. I'm getting the miles in, and for the most part, it feels great!

As I ran today I was reminiscing about how nearly two years ago I couldn't even run .25 miles without stopping. Now I'm running for 7 miles at a time at a pretty respectable pace. I absolutely love the feeling of  progress! If all goes well with the 10 mile race next month, who knows what new goals I will set for myself. A half marathon maybe?

Here is a recap of this week's training schedule:


Week: 3/7-3/13
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
Nothing
Zumba w/ Brenna
5 miles + PowerFlex
Elliptical
Nothing
Four Courts Four Miler :)
5 miles
Actual
Nothing
Zumba w/ Brenna 
Intervals for 40 minutes + PowerFlex
Nothing
4 miles run/walk
4 miles
6.89 Miles


Here is next week's schedule:


Week: 3/14-3/20
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Planned
PowerFlex (Spring break- No grad school)
5 miles
Intervals + PowerFlex
Zumba
Nothing
8 miles
Easy 40 minutes








No comments:

Post a Comment