Saturday, March 19, 2011

While the husband is away...

What's a girl to do when her husband is away all weekend for a soccer tournament?  Get up at 6am, run 8 miles, play the role of the crazy cat lady, bake and watch Sex and the City. Did you expect anything less?

Amy and I had a great run this morning! Amy brought me a Triple Berry Gu. We're trying to figure out what little "snack" we want after the first 60 minutes of our 10 mile run. The Gu tasted like jelly. I could only stomach about half. I will not be buying or eating Gu any time in the near future. Next weekend, we're running 9 miles and then it's time to taper!

I came home to this little guy sunning himself. Gilly was enjoying the beautiful weather too.




While Gilly napped, I worked on a paper for grad school and baked. We had quite a few brown bananas, so I made Brown Butter Roasted Banana Bread.

I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup of white flour and 1/2 cup of almond meal. 

I found the recipe for the banana bread here: http://guiltykitchen.com/2009/10/31/brown-butter-roasted-banana-bread/.



If you like banana bread, you need to make this NOW. It was amazing. The top was crunchy (I sprinkled sugar on top), the center was incredibly moist and there were big chunks of bananas throughout.  I've already had two pieces, which I've justified by telling myself I ran 8 miles this morning.

I'm now switching between Sex and the City and writing a paper. I might get a little crazy and grab a beer. Enjoy your Saturday evenings!

2 comments:

  1. look at Gilly's belly, I just want to squish my face in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, YUM!!!!!

    LOL, no more gu? I was going to try to tempt you with the Chocolate Outrage one next week. ;)

    Hope this rest of your evening was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete