Monday, April 4, 2011

Breakdowns, Hair Cuts and Taking it Easy

Last week just about did me in. Between finishing up grad school, training for the 10 mile run next weekend, work and actual life, I felt completely overwhelmed. My husband is a saint and was wonderfully patient during an emotional breakdown on Saturday. On Sunday, I took a cue from Britney and cut off all my hair.


Okay, it's not that short. I have a bob and I think I'm liking it, which surprises me. Sometimes, I guess when you're feeling down and overwhelmed, it's good to mix things up.

Next weekend is the big 10 mile run. I'm feeling very confident right now about it and am eager to sign up for more races. I'm sure that a half marathon is in my future and I'm even considering a full marathon, which I never thought I'd say. So stay tuned!

As I mentioned last Saturday, I hurt my groin. I took it really easy last week and ran some shorter distances:
  • 4 miles (fast) on Wednesday night
  • 3 miles (slow) on Friday morning
  • 7 miles (medium pace) on Saturday morning
  • 3.3 miles (medium pace) on Sunday morning
I also bought a foam roller to help work out my sore leg muscles. All I can say is that if you don't own a foam roller, run out a buy one. They're pretty amazing. My groin is feeling much better having taking it easy last week.

Here's this week's training schedule:


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday         
Rest
4.5 miles
Elliptical
4 miles
3 miles
Rest
PARKWAY CLASSIC J

Enjoy your Monday!













1 comment: