Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Sunday

As folks got dressed in their Sunday finest and went to church today to celebrate Easter, I went to my own kind of church by going on the best run of my life to date. Yesterday, my 11 mile run was about training. Today, my run was truly just about the joy of being outside and savoring time with myself. My mind was quiet, with no thoughts of self-doubt. Instead, I felt proud of how far I've come and what I can achieve. And my body felt wonderful; there were no aches or pains, no pangs of hunger, no desire to go too fast or too slow. It was a run where I listened to lyrics, rather than the beat and relished lines like, "I could never love again/ So much as I love you/Where you end, where I begin/Is like a river running through."  The kind of happiness and I satisfaction I found today is bittersweet, as I know it may be may weeks or months before I get to re-experience what I did today. Yet, I'm comforted by the fact that today's feelings will motivate me to keep running so that I can have another day just like this one.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment