Monday, August 1, 2011

August Half Marathon Training Schedule

Today I started training for the Thunder Road Half Marathon. Instead of trying to plan all of my workouts for the next three and a half months, I've decided to take it month by month. Since I know that August is going to be pretty low-key (i.e. no travel and very few social engagements planned), on the weekend, I hope to do weight lifting and yoga in addition to running.

During training, I hope to lose the weight I've gained this summer. Ryan and I have indulged a lot over the past few months and while he hasn't put on a pound, I have. I'm not aiming to get back to my wedding weight, just to have my pants fit better. I personally think that losing weight while training for a long distance race is a pretty difficult feat; after running miles and miles all I want to do is EAT. I think the key is to keep my portions in check and reserve sweets for the weekend. We'll see!

So here's my plan for August. I'll check back in weekly to let you know how I'm doing!

August





1 comment:

  1. I read this and all I hear (read) is...three and a half months until you come to Charlotte! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

    ReplyDelete