Friday, August 12, 2011

Lack of Energy and Motivation


This week, I’m having a really hard time getting motivated to run. My energy level has been pretty low and I just can’t seem to get into any sort of groove. As I was worrying about this yesterday morning, I actually stumbled across this gem: Six Reasons for Low Energy Runs. If you run, I highly recommend that you read this article. It’s full of great tips to fix common mistakes I think a lot of runners commonly make.
 

So what’s the reason for my lack of motivation and energy? I think my problem is the fact that I’m way too worried about pace right now. While I run I have visions of myself at the finish line of the Thunder Road Half Marathon setting a personal record. However, I now realize that I’m pushing myself a little too hard on speed, which is making my runs really difficult and causing me to cut them short.  Instead, at this stage in my training, I need to be focusing on my mileage.
 

Tomorrow, I have five miles on my schedule and I’m determined to finish every single one of them. However, I know that to do it, I’m going to have to slow myself down significantly. To help give myself an extra motivation boost, I’m also planning on heading out to my favorite trail to try and make the run as enjoyable as possible. Wish my luck that I can complete my first Saturday “long run” all by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment