Monday, August 8, 2011

Thunder Road Half Marathon Training- Week 1

Last week, I started my official training for the Thunder Road Half Marathon. I'm really happy with the way things went! Although I didn't get as much mileage in as I hoped, I'm okay with it since I'm just starting out. Plus, I got three days of weight lifting in and yoga, which makes me very happy. Here's how last week looked:


 Monday

PowerFlex
(a 1 hour weight lifting class)
Tuesday

Tempo Run
(3 miles– 24:35)
Wednesday

PowerFlex
Thursday

2 miles of hills on treadmill,
20 minutes on elliptical,
10 minutes on stairmaster
Friday

Rest
Saturday

3 miles on treadmill (25:10) &  PowerFlex
Sunday

Bikram Yoga
(90 minutes of heated yoga)

Instead of running four miles as planned on Saturday, I only did three due to lack of time and stomach issues. Yesterday, I skipped my planned run because I was absolutely wiped after Bikram Yoga. In order to avoid this happening again next week, I'm going to run first and then go to yoga.

Based on last week's successes and lessons learned, here's my plan for this week:


 Monday

PowerFlex
(a 1 hour weight lifting class)
Tuesday

Run (30 minutes of high intensity intervals) + elliptical or stairmaster
Wednesday

PowerFlex
Thursday

Run (Hills) + elliptical or stairmaster
Friday

Rest
Saturday

5 miles + PowerFlex
Sunday

Easy Run +
Bikram Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment