Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Recap


This weekend was full of delicious food, lots of sleeping, with a good measure of exercise thrown in.

I started Saturday morning at 7am with a five mile run on the Mt. Vernon Trail. The trail was crowded with runners and bikers, who like me, probably wanted to exercise before the crazy heat and humidity set in (which it did). I completed the miles pretty easily, making sure to just take it slow and steady. I ran with music and was done in 44:38 with an 8:55 average pace.

After my run, Ryan and I headed to the Silver Diner for some pancakes which we both have been craving for days. These gave me enough fuel to power through a high intensity Zumba class that I took with Brenna in the early afternoon. I haven’t been to Zumba in ages and the class left me wiped!

Brenna and I headed back to her house to shower and get ready to see the film adaptation of the book, The Help. I read the book last winter in Mexico during our wedding week and absolutely loved it. I excited to see the movie and it definitely lived up to my expectations. 



After the movie, Brenna and I had drinks and dinner at Coastal Flats. We enjoyed Blue Crab & Rock Shrimp Fritters to start and each had the Crispy Two Noodle Shrimp Salad for our entrees. Everything was deeeelicious! 

True to form, we had cupcakes for dessert from a local store called Cupcakes Actually. We split two: "Actually Dipped Peanut Butter"and "Flourless Chocolate." I'm a big piggy and also had another cupcake all to myself called "Strawberry Fields."




All in all, Saturday was a terrific day! 

Today, was a bit of a lazy Sunday. We grocery shopped, napped and enjoyed some homemade low-fat Key Lime ice cream. I finally made it out the door for my run around 5pm and ran three very hot and sticky miles. I ran with my Garmin, but without music. I set my Garmin to track how long each mile took me and here's the breakdown: 
  • Mile 1- 8:39
  • Mile 2- 8:56
  • Mile 3- 8:59
I'm really pleased with my runs this week and I'm ready to make next week even stronger. 

Have a terrific Sunday night! 

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you and Brenna had such a great date day! And slightly jealous of you both as well. ;) The cupcakes look AM.AZ.ING. Yum!!!!!

    ReplyDelete